Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Passing on the 7 x 7 Link Award!

Fred [the Wolf] at Full Moon Reviews and a new blog friend, Craig Edwards of Let's Get Out of Here! have both awarded me the 7 x 7 Link Award. Thanks a mil, guys, I really appreciate it!


Now I've got to do some stuff to properly receive and pass along the award.

Rule Numero Uno: Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you.
I'll say something movie-related... and kind of embarrassing. I used to practice, or fantasize about, giving interviews and speeches for when I ever became famous or otherwise note-worthy in the movie business. I would vocalize my thoughts about movies or moviemaking to myself as if I was talking to an interviewer, for crying out loud. I am such a freaking dork. And, um... I still kind of do that sometimes... BUT ONLY as a way to help me talk out what I think about certain movies so that I can better write a review. And I'm sticking to that story.

Rule Numero Dos: Link to one of the posts that you personally think best fits the following categories:
1. Most Beautiful PieceMovie Review: Seven Days (Les Sept Jours Du Talion, 2010)
I chose this one because Seven Days is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen and it inspired me to write more than a mere review of it. It's one of the longest reviews I've done simply because I felt like I had to examine and analyze pretty much everything about it and every issue it brought up. Seriously, I love that movie and you all should see it.

2. Most Helpful Piece - Women in Horror Month: Stephen King's Ladies
This has always been a favorite of mine, but I believe it is helpful in the sense that I tried to spotlight those characters and novels of King's that are not as well known to those who are not big King fans. Hopefully somebody read this post and decided to pick up one of the books mentioned.

3. Most Popular Piece - A Week of "P" Movies: Piranha 2
If we're going by pageviews alone then this one wins the title hands down. Every time I would check my stats I couldn't believe that this post was always at the top of the list - 7,532 pageviews! So weird. But I posted it while the Piranha remake was still in theaters so I'm thinking that people surfing around for that, or stuff related to it, got to my review that way.

4. Most Controversial Piece - Movie Review: The Woman (2011)
Going with this one because I don't know what else to say. I guess I'm not that controversial. But this movie was pretty controversial with some of my blog buddies who didn't seem to agree with my thoughts on the film!

5. Most Surprisingly Successful Piece - Asian Horror Week: Tokyo Gore Police (2008, Japan)
Another shocker at the number of pageviews! 4,744 for this one. I really don't care why so many people searched for this movie because they totally should. Tokyo Gore Police is Asian insanity at its finest so I'm happy to do my part to get more people to see it.

6. Most Underrated Piece - The Worst Family Members in Horror Films
I got the idea for this post out of the blue one day and was super stoked at getting it out there and seeing what other bloggers thought of it. I worked on this thing for almost a week and thought it was going to be pretty popular. Hello? Ego, much? While I got a few good comments on it, I have to admit that I was still a little disappointed at the overall lack of response. It's my pride talking... I'm a horrible person.

7. (speaking of pride) Most Pride-Worthy Piece - Animals Run Amok!: Jaws Marathon
This post is probably the most pride-worthy to me because I'm proud of (and amazed at) myself for being able to watch four movies in one day and write reviews for all of them in the same day as well! Given my usual track record for watching movies and reviewing them, that is quite a feat, lemme tell ya.

Rule Numero Tres: Pass this award on to seven other bloggers.


Here you go, blog buddies!


Bryant Burnette of Ramblings of a Honk Mahfah

BC of Horror Movie A Day

Zena of The Real Queen of Horror

Kaijinu of Sticky Red: A Bodycount Compendium

Christine of Fascination with Fear

Wolf Ninja of Gaming Creatively

Malice of Malice of Horrorland


9 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Fred gave me that award too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to pass this one along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, nice new design! Thumbs up!

    Congrats on the award, got the same one from Fred :)

    Love your "vocalizing thoughts". I'm doin' the same but only in my thoughts. I pretend to be some Ebert-like critic who gets asked questions about certain movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhhhh, great background design...oh wait, I'm tagged again! Nooooes! XDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, there's nothing weird about fantasizing interviews. As a journalism major, I know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol @ you vocalizing your thoughts! It's ok...I've done that a couple of times too.

    Awww, Thank you for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, all! And thanks for liking the new design - I love cheesy haunted house backgrounds so I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete